Project Uplift, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit foundation established in 1989 as the philanthropic arm of the Kappa Alpha Alpha Chapter (Decatur, GA) of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. The foundation was formed to serve as a conduit through which the Kappa Alpha Alpha Chapter implements and conducts initiatives to improve the lives of individuals within our communities. The Four Cardinal Principles of the Fraternity; “Manhood”, “Scholarship”, “Perseverance”, and “Uplift” serve as guides in determining the course of action that Project Uplift, Inc. elects to pursue. Project Uplift and the KAA Chapter’s target outreach area is DeKalb County with special focus on the areas comprising Stone Mountain, Lithonia, Decatur, Clarkston, Scottdale, and Tucker. The programs and activities of Project Uplift, Inc. are funded through the generous support of corporate partners and individual contributors.
The purposes of Project Uplift, Inc., as stated in its Articles of Incorporation are exclusively charitable and educational including the following:
To implement and support programs and activities to uplift the lives of individuals, particularly youth, within the community through:
- Obtaining charitable contributions and in kind services associated with providing scholarships, programmatic activities and resources to our community
- Supporting the charitable objectives and programs of Kappa Alpha Alpha Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., as its philanthropic arm;
- Developing and providing philanthropic resources for the promotion and support of the Foundation;
- Assisting in the advancement of youth and the community in areas of scholarship, student enrichment, entrepreneurial development and healthcare related issues.
- Coordinating with the Uplift Civic Association in its efforts to obtain and maintain a community center.